Hey guys! It is Aiko with Schwagirl. I am an American English pronunciation coach.
Welcome to my podcast “The Voice of English”
The purpose of this podcast is to encourage English learners and also English teachers. We all share tips and points of how we can improve our English and become better communicators.
In Episode 5, I invited a native English speaker from New York; Michael from Happy English.
Michael started his English teaching career in Sendai, Japan in 1994 and has helped students from all over the world learn English since then! Now he teaches private English lessons online and in his New York City office in addition to hosting two active YouTube Channels and two podcasts to help people learn English.
Here are some of the important tips for improving English he shared:
- Laugh and learn from your mistakes. Enjoy!
- Other people can do it, so you can do it, too!
- Write and speak English everyday
- Talk to yourself in English
- 20% teacher’s talk and 80% students’ talk (Focus on the output)
As Michael has been studying Japanese as a second language, he understands the struggles that Japanese people have when it comes to learning English. His Youtube videos and podcasts are soooooo easy to understand. Enjoy his learning material and connect with him.
Michael’s social media links are as follows:
- English Website: https://www.myhappyenglish.com/ (All the Social Media links can be found here)
- Japanese Website: https://myhappyeikaiwa.com/
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/happyenglishny
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyenglishny
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/happyenglishny/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyenglishny
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+MichaelDiGiacomoHappyEnglish
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaeldigiacomo
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyenglishny/pins/
- VK: https://vk.com/michaeldigiacomo
- Weibo: https://weibo.com/happyenglishny
- Youku: http://i.youku.com/u/UNDA1NTAzODcy
- Ameba: https://ameblo.jp/happyenglishny
- Mixi: http://mixi.jp/show_profile.pl?id=17062850
- LINE: MichaelHappyEnglish
- WeChat: HappyEnglishMichael
If you have any questions regarding English learning or pronunciation, living in the US, working in the US, or if you would like to be a guest on this show, please contact me through http://schwagirl.com/contact
Artist: Nicolai Heidlas
Title: Hawaiian Winter
You can download each episode from this link: http://thevoiceofenglish.libsyn.com/
The guests’ information is listed at http://schwagirl.com/podcast-fb-live-guest-information/
Support me financially to be able to provide my podcast, youtube videos and FB live for free. Join my patrons on Patreon. You can donate from 1 dollar a month. https://www.patreon.com/schwagirl
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Aiko Hemingway’s online pronunciation study material “American English Pronunciation for Japanese Speakers” is available on Teachable. Check out the link: https://hatsuonkyosei.teachable.com/
3 month intensive pronunciation course is starting on July 24th. It is 12 weeks long. Only 2 spots are left. Check it out for more information.
American English pronunciation coach. Studied linguistics at UCLA. Specializing in phonetics, phonology, intonation, and second language acquisition.
She likes music and Toastmasters. Recently she enjoys playing ukulele and hand bells.